Thursday 10 March 2011

Introduction

Hi all.

Decided after reading a few EvE related blogs to start my own. Hopefully my noob-fail stories and alliance fights are interesting, and might be of use to new players.

About Me

I'm Ollie, 24 from Bournemouth, UK. Unemployed, like a lot of the UK at the moment! So I have plenty of time to play EvE!

EvE Background

Got into EvE about 6 months ago, one of my best mates IRL, Mail Lite (follow his blog HERE), had been playing for about a year at the time and I was interested in getting involved in the game, but for some reason my laptop wouldnt let me play the game. Updated Windows and by chance, whilst showing my friend the problem that I thought I had, the client started up! So quickly got started with my 14 day trial! Set my self up as Ollie Khan, a Mimitar Slave Child and set about missioning to up my SP and ISK. Also set up an alt on the same account called Major Khan1 to try my hand at Mining, but quickly got bored of that, so just used the character as an AFK-miner.

After a couple of months of missioning I was pretty bored! Mail did a couple of Lv4 missions with me which was entertaining for a while, but was much more interested in the PVP'ing that Mail had told me about.

So shortly after Christmas 2010, I submitted an application to join Fla5hy Red, a pirating corp. As Mail was a director, my app was quickly pushed through and I was officially part of the "family".

At the time, the corp was located in Ishomilken, low-sec space and the corp was friendly with The Python Cartel, who Fla5hy regularly roamed and gate camped with. Once I'd said "hi" to a few of the members, I was off gate-camping most evenings in my nano-Cane, gaining a lot of valuable PVP experience. My first kill was a Dominix in Isho.

After about a week a decision had been made by the corp to go on a vacation to Gultraten, so I followed everyone down. Unfortunatley, I didnt really enjoy the time I spent here. As a noob to PVP, I was much more confident in a big group, whether it be gatecamping or roaming, but whilst we were there RL seemed to catch up with everyone and most of the corp took a vacation from EvE. I went on a few solo roams around there, but didnt get any notable kills.

After a couple of weeks in Gultraten we heard that our Python friends had decided to permanently move into Egghelende and a corp decision was made to join them, and ultimately and officially form "The Defenders of Pen Island" Alliance. More about that in my next post........

Fly Safe!

Ollie Khan



No comments:

Post a Comment